Rentals and Development
Strong homes are an integral part of strong and thriving communities. The fact is, incomes have not kept pace with the ever increasing rental rates. As a result, more families are forced to live in substandard housing. We have seen the need for affordable, safe and sanitary housing. Arbor has an extensive portfolio of properties throughout the region that we own / manage or co-own to ensure that affordable housing isn't merely a dream.
Apartments for Rent
- Reynolds Way Apartments - Elmira, NY
- Gerard Block Apartments - Elmira, NY
- Memorial Homes Apartments - Williamsport, PA
- Lackawanna Homes - Lackawanna, NY
- Seneca Manor Apartments - Hornellsville, NY
- Seneca Street Station Apartments - Hornell, NY
- Riverbend Apartments - Hornell, NY
- The Apartments at The Belmont - Belmont, NY
- Lake Street Senior Apartments - Hammondsport, NY
- Lamphear Court Apartments - Corning, NY
- Lamphear Townhomes - Corning, NY
- Brickside Townhouses - Hornell, NY
- Sydney Place Apartments - Odessa, NY
Co-Owned (Not Managed)
- Meadowside Apartments - Penn Yan, NY (Call 315-531-3136 for an application)
- Fairside Apartments - Bath, NY (Call 607-776-5840 for an application)
- Muldoon Gardens - Waverly, NY (Call 607-565-2141 for an application)
- Oak Creek Townhomes - Auburn, NY (Call 315-252-0931 for an application)
- Willow Landing I & II - Palmyra, NY (Call 315-597-6162 for an application)
- Centre Estates I & II - Boalsburgh, PA (Call 570-441-3143 for an application)
- Cedar Green Apartments - Martinsburgh, WV (Call 304-229-3758 for an application)
Arbor Housing and Development manages commercial space in Hornell and Belmont.
Commercial Properties for Rent
Affordable housing is a valuable economic resource. With demand for it being so high and supply so low there is little incentive for owners of rental properties to see to it that living conditions meet standards. The reality is that people will rent sub-standard housing out of desperation. There is a better way. Because we are not worrying about our own financial gains, Arbor Housing and Development's Property and Asset Management business line has the power to prioritize safety over profit margins.
We currently are owners or co-owners in over 1,400 units of affordable housing. Our ownership extends beyond our geographic service area and include units in Steuben, Allegany, Wayne, Livingston, Chemung, Schuyler, Tioga, Cayuga, and Yates Counties in New York; as well as Lycoming and Centre Counties in Pennsylvania and Berkeley County in West Virginia.
Real Estate Development
Through its Real Estate Development business, Arbor Housing and Development gives people options. We build inclusive communities by developing affordable properties throughout the region.
We are always interested in exploring collaborative possibilities. Contact us if you are:
- A municipality interested in the community development benefits of affordable housing,
- An owner or manager of existing affordable housing that needs updating or refinancing,
- Anyone committed to affordable housing that might want to donate property or buildings for development,
- A developer of market rate housing who wants to explore mixed-income development possibilities, or
- A potential partner or funder in future housing development projects.
Contact info@ArborDevelopment.org or call (607) 654-7487.
The mission of the Chemung County Land Bank is to acquire vacant/foreclosed homes and bring them back to productive use; with a primary focus on the City of Elmira. The Land Bank partners with community organizations such as Habitat for Humanity and Near Westside Neighborhood Association. The Land Bank is looking for donation opportunities, as well as other acquisition and sales opportunities. For information about the Chemung County Land Bank, click here.
The mission of the Steuben County Land Bank is to acquire vacant/foreclosed homes and bring them back to productive use. The Land Bank has a developed relationship with Habitat for Humanity to bring new affordable homeownership to the County. The Land Bank is looking for donation opportunities, as well as other acquisition and sales opportunities. For information about the Steuben County Land Bank, click here.
The Corning Housing Partnership is a public/private partnership which focuses on the community’s diverse housing challenges. For more information, visit 3riverscorp.com/collaborations-partnerships.
Chemung and Steuben County Land Banks would like to encourage Minority and Women Owned Business Enterprises to participate in our bid selection processes. If you are interested, please contact Terra Deitrick (email@example.com or 607-329-9734) or Elizabeth Hunt (firstname.lastname@example.org or 607-368-1477).